Winter Artist Showcase
Make your home and loved ones feel special and support local artists at the same time! The Winter Artist Showcase runs November 19 through January 27 in the Anderson Center Main Gallery and features a wide range of decorative and functional work with something for everyone, including ceramics, paintings, jewelry, and more.
The showcase opened with a free reception on Saturday, December 3 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. in conjunction with the Holiday Home Tour. The reception included open studios and guest artist trunk shows for even more one-of-a-kind gift giving opportunities. The reception also featured live music, beer & wine, and Rochester’s Taqueria El Sueño serving up chicken pozole and a menu of tasty Mexican food.
Featured artists include:
• Wood sculpture by Paul Olson and James Borden.
• Jewelry by Lillian Abney, Emily Phillips, and Ann-Marie Rose.
• Ornaments by Jim Germain, Leslie Stewart and Lisa Walsh.
• Ceramics by Kate Bauman, Sarah Hjelmberg, Kay Luetke, Jeff McDowell, Donovan Palmquist, Colleen Riley, Sandra Daulton Shaughnessy, and Donna Winberg.
• Photography by Chap Achen, Deb Lee Carson, Wing Young Huie, David Husom, Steve Ozone, and W.P. Rodman.
• Paintings, Textiles, & other 2-D work by Lynn Brown, Julie Devetter, Ian Hanesworth, Niki Havekost, Sandy Hokanson, Art Kenyon, Mary Logue, Mary Beth Magyar, Constance Misener, Chris Rackley, Lindsey Cherek Waller, Dan Weimer, and Cate Whittemore.
• More artists to be announced!
Handicapped accessible and free to the public, the Main Gallery at the Anderson Center is open Wednesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. This exhibit is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a Minnesota State Arts Board Operating Support grant, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.